Thai Shiatsu massage therapy uses passive stretching and gentle pressure along the body’s energy lines to increase flexibility, relieve muscle and joint tension and balance the body’s energy systems. It is both deeply relaxing and energizing. This session will take place on a traditional Thai mat on the floor. Please bring loose-fitting clothing. I use gentle compression and stretching techniques to open up your body.
Thai/Shiatsu massage therapy is like doing yoga without any effort and with greater benefits, especially if you are seeking a better range of motion. I will gently coax your body into various positions without any work on your part.
Benefits of Receiving a Shiatsu Massage:
- Shiatsu can work the tension and spasms out of the muscles, thus eliminating muscle aches by pressing on acupressure points that release tension.
- It helps to aid migraines by relaxing the body and increasing blood flow and circulation throughout the body.
- It is also a non-invasive therapy that helps reduce stress, tension, anxiety, and depression by leaving you relaxed and calm.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Pressure from the massage can be applied to hands, feet or any area that is affected by arthritis.
- It helps improve circulation and cellular nutrition throughout the body and so benefits the digestive system by allowing food to digest more easily and aides in waste elimination.
- It increases stamina by storing energy reserves and assists in fat metabolism and removal.
- It helps those who suffer from fatigue and weakness by restoring and maintaining the body’s energy.